All enquiries about admission should be addressed to:
Deputy Vice Chancellor Academic, Research and Consultancy (DVC-ARC),
Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences
P.O. Box 65001,
Dar es Salaam,
Tel. 255 22 2150473; 255 22 2150302-6 Ext 269, Fax: 255 22 2150465
- Application forms can be obtained from the office of DVC-ARC, or they will be sent directly to the applicant upon request, but only where the applicant meets the required admission qualifications. Application forms can also be obtained from the offices of Regional Education Officers (REOs) or downloaded from the University website at www.muhas.ac.tz. The duly filled forms must reach DVC-ARC not later than the date indicated on the advertisement calling for applications for the particular admission season. Only applicants who meet the required minimum entry qualifications into the University should submit application forms. Forms from applicants who do not meet the minimum entry qualifications will not be processed and the admission fee if paid will be forfeited.
- All new students are required to report for the orientation programme that normally takes place during the week preceding the beginning of the new academic year.
- Successful applicants will be registered only after they have paid the requisite University fees.
- Fees paid will not be refunded.
- All students, if accepted, are expected to conform entirely to University regulations.
- The deadline for registration of first year students will be two weeks, from the first day of the orientation week, while for continuing students it will be the Friday of the second week after the beginning of the first semester.
- Except in exceptional circumstances, no student will be allowed to change subjects/courses later than the Friday of the second week after the beginning of the first semester. Transferring from one academic programme to another will be allowed only where the student has the required admission criteria for the academic programme for which transfer is being sought and a vacancy exists in that programme.
- Students entering this University as transfer cases cannot transfer grades obtained elsewhere. They can, however, be exempted from taking corresponding courses.
- Where degrees are classified, the maximum transferable load is one academic year.
- Students will be allowed to be away from University studies for a maximum of two years if they are to be allowed to be re-admitted to the same year of studies where they left off.
- Students discontinued from studies because of examination irregularities will be considered for re-admission after they have been away for three years. They will be required to re-apply and compete with other applicants for re-admission into first year.
- No change of names by students will be entertained during the course of study at the University and they will only be allowed to use names appearing on their certificates.
- No student will be allowed to postpone studies after effective commencement of an academic year except under special circumstances. Permission to postpone studies will be considered after producing satisfactory evidence of the reasons for postponement and written approval from the sponsor and Senate. Special circumstances shall include:
2.Serious social problems (each case to be considered on its own merit) and
3.Severe sponsorship problem.