Entry Requirements Postgraduate Programmes
Master of Medicine (MMed) Programmes:
- Master of Medicine (MMed)
- MMed Anaesthesiology
- MMed Anatomical Pathology
- MMed Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- MMed Internal Medicine
- MMed Microbiology
- MMed Obstetrics and Gynaecology
- MMed Ophthalmology
- MMed Orthopaedics and Traumatology
- MMed Otorhinolaryngology
- MMed Paediatrics
- MMed Psychiatry
- MMed Radiology
- MMed Surgery
- MSc Anatomy
- MSc Super-specialization
- MSc Cardiology
- MSc Nephrology
- MSc Haematology and Blood Transfusion
- A holder of a Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree of this University with at least a B grade average in the intended subject for specialization or related subject for specialities whose subjects were not examined independently at undergraduate level and who complies with the regulations set out hereunder.
- A medical graduate of a recognized university who has been admitted to the status of Doctor of Medicine, with at least a B grade average in the intended subject for specialization or related subject for specialities whose subjects were not examined independently at undergraduate level and who complies with the regulations set out hereunder.
Master of Dentistry (MDent.) Degree Programmes:
- Master of Dentistry (MDent.)
- MDent Community Dentistry
- MDent Oral Surgery
- MDent Oral Pathology
- MDent Restorative Dentistry
- Degree holder of Doctor of Dental Surgery (D.D.S) or its equivalent from any recognized University with a B grade or higher in the subject of specialty in his/her undergraduate studies and complies with selection requirements.
Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm) Degree Programmes:
- Master of Pharmacy (M.Pharm)
- M.Pharm Industrial Pharmacy
- M.Pharm Quality control and quality assurance
- M.Pharm Hospital and Clinical pharmacy
- M.Pharm Pharmacognosy
- M.Pharm Medicinal Chemistry
- Candidates with a minimum of lower second class B.Pharm, degree of the University or an equivalent qualification will be eligible for enrollment for the degree of Master of Pharmacy by coursework and dissertation.
- Each candidate must satisfy all the general requirements set out under the regulation for a Master’s degree of the University.
Master of Science in Nursing (MSc Nursing Mental Health) Degree Programme:
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSc Nursing Mental Health)
- MSc Nursing (Mental Health)
- Master of Science in Nursing (MSc Nursing Critical Care and Trauma)
- Applicants with a BSc Nursing degree and a GPA of 2.7 of this University and who complies with the regulations set out hereunder
- A graduate of a recognized University who has been admitted to the status of BSc Nursing or Equivalent with a GPA 3.0 and who complies with the regulations set out hereunder
- Each applicant must satisfy all the general requirements set out in the general guidelines and regulations for Master degree courses of the University and in Chapter 1.
Master of Arts (MA) in Health Policy and Management
- Applicants must be holders of a first degree in Medicine, Dental Surgery, Pharmacy, Environmental Health Sciences or Nursing from this university or any other recognized university. For those with classified degrees, they must have passed and obtain at least a lower second-class.
- Graduates from other recognized universities with at least an upper-second class in their final examinations in sociology, anthropology, health statistics, demography, biology, food sciences, human nutrition, veterinary sciences, epidemiology, health information sciences and other related fields.
Master of Medicine in Community Health (MMed Community Health)
- Applicant who has Doctor of Medicine (MD) degree and complies with the University admission regulations.
- Medical graduate from any other recognized university who has been admitted to the status of Doctor of Medicine and complies with the University admission regulations
- A candidate for the MMed (Community Health) may register for the course not less than one year after the award of the MD degree or its equivalent.
Master of Science in Tropical Diseases Control (MSc TDC)
- A Basic degree in Biology related subjects, and/or MD degree
- The candidate must satisfy the university admission regulations
Master of Public Health (MPH)
- Doctors, Dentists, Pharmacists or graduate nurses from this University or any other recognized University may apply for this programme, those with classified degrees must have obtained at least a lower second class.
- Any other graduates of this University or any other recognized university with at least an upper second class in their final university examinations in health related fields such as sociology, anthropology, health statistics, demography, biology, food sciences, veterinary sciences, epidemiology and health information science.
- Candidates will be required to have at least three years working experience in a health related or health care delivery or health intervention work. All candidates should have experience in health management or health related research before joining the course. Candidates who have worked with communities in health related activities at district level will be given a priority.