Student Administration at MUHAS
The office of the Dean of Students is responsible for the administration of student affairs, mainly personal and social welfare aspects of the students’ life. The following facilities are provided by this office; residence, games, sports, counseling and guidance.
Most of the student’s activities are organized by the student government (Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences Students Organization - MUHASSO). The organization is concerned primarily with student’s academic, social and recreational activities.
Currently, there are professional associations such as:
- Tanzania Medical Students Association (TAMSA),
- Tanzania Pharmaceutical Students Association (TAPSA),
- Tanzania Dental Students Association (TADSA),
- University Nursing Students’ Association of Tanzania (UNSATA) and
- Tanzania Environmental Health Students Association (TEHSA).